Close to the Loire reservoir with Lake Villerest, the Domaine de Champlong Golf Club offers magnificent views of the foothills of the Massif Central and the Beaujolais mountains.
In the heart of the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region, this compact 18-hole + 9-hole golf course will delight you with its diversity. You will evolve in a setting mixing Scottish nature, forest and water. Sporty or fun, you will keep your games in memory for a long time.
Activities to practice at the Champlong domain golf course
- Practice on carpet and grass,
- Pitch and putt on compact 9 holes,
- Golf on an 18-hole course,
- Courses supervised by a professional to discover golf individually or in groups, golf school, animation for school groups.
The services offered
On site, various services will be offered to you, such as the rental of a 9 or 18-hole golf cart, the sale of accessories, equipment, technical equipment and textiles at the proshop. And of course, practice buckets are on sale and club loans for the practice are possible.
At the clubhouse, a seminar room and a work room are available and can be booked on request.
DID YOU KNOW ?
The Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region has 99 golf courses. Located 10 minutes from Roanne, the Domaine de Champlong Golf Club is now one of the leaders of these golf courses.
- Spread over an area of approximately 70 hectares of nature, this championship course is a PAR 72 of 6 meters.
- Its construction required the relocation of 130 000 m3 of earth to create this "links" universe while respecting the principle of no external contribution.
- 1 000 m2 of renovated surface in the old buildings of the domain.
- 9 compact holes, PAR 27 on 630 meters to learn the game of golf.
Extend the pleasure ...
The brewery 9.18 located in the clubhouse will allow you to relax before and after your golf trip. Inaugurated in September 2020 in a modern and warm setting, this brasserie is only open for lunch.
And for all those who want to extend the experience, the Champlong castle welcomes you to its 4 * hotel and its gourmet restaurant. No doubt, chef Olivier Boizet will amaze your taste buds for a gourmet dinner.
You will also find within the domain, the paradise of well-being. David Grand, best hands of France in 2012, 2013 and 2014 is the host of these places. This relaxation area is classified "Spas de France 5 *" and offers a wide choice of trips to relaxation.
Champlong golf brewery in Villerest © Patricia Foraison Hotel Restaurant Château de Champlong in Villerest © Patricia Foraison / Younivers The wellness spa paradise in Villerest © Patricia Foraison / Younivers
Golf is a passionate sport, you start a game with players, you end it with friends.
The Domaine de Champlong Golf Club project
The project of changing from 9 to 18 holes was very quickly an avowed objective of the majority of the municipality of Roanne at the time. It took 36 years and the project was carried by private capital for this to become a reality.
- July 1985 : inauguration of the Champlong golf course - 9 holes created on the initiative of the association of local authorities bordering the Villerest Dam
- En 2005 : new name "Golf du Roannais"
- From 2017 new name "Golf Club Domaine de Champlong". Following the purchase of the 9-hole golf course by private investors as well as the adjoining courses for a 27-hole course. The Domaine de Champlong Golf Club becomes a member of the Golfy network.
- September 2020 : opening of the 6-hole compact and the Brasserie 9.18
- May 2021 : new 9-hole course
- July 2021 : opening of the 18-hole course
Democratizing golf and making it accessible to everyone is the goal of the Go for Golf event. Take advantage of 4 hours of lessons supervised by a professional to discover golf in the form of a game: practice, pitch and putt, play on the beginner's course (the compact) and discovery of the 9-hole course. Bookable all year round. From 2 people and up to 6 people maximum.
Golf initiation at Domaine de Champlong in Villerest © Patricia Foraison / Younivers Golf initiation at Domaine de Champlong in Villerest © Patricia Foraison / Younivers
|From January 01 to December 31, 2024 18-hole green fee New Course course.
|From €45 – €74
|From January 01 to December 31, 2024 9-hole green fee Compact course.
|Starting from 22 €
Before taking a first step at the Domaine de Champlong Golf Club, golf reminded me of a certain social and financial class. For me this sport was a name: Tiger Wood and two words: green and swing.
Invited on a beautiful spring day, we were among colleagues to discover this area which offers leisure, relaxation and gastronomy. The promise of having a good time. We were 3 out of 5 to have never tried golf. Excited like children, we were going to have access to something we thought inaccessible. Read more