Located in the characterful village of St-Jean-St-Maurice-sur-Loire, La Cure, Pôle Métiers d'Art de Roannais Agglomeration has 4 craft workshops that operate as a nursery. They are intended for young arts and crafts companies, for a limited period of time, the time they get started and can set up in their own premises. To date, 4 companies are present and 4 have set up in other places after their visit.
The Cure: 1 place - 4 craftsmen
A nursery where talents flourish. To meet them and discover their work, do not hesitate to contact them! Also find their creations in the Cure boutique.
A touch of craftsmanship
Initially attracted by the profession of costume designer, she finally became an upholsterer five years ago. After obtaining these diplomas, CAP and BAC PRO, she created her business and worked from her home in Charente-Maritime.
In love with the diversity of objects and fabrics, she has come to settle in the Roannais and more precisely at the incubator of crafts in October 2022 as an upholsterer.
Its objective: to give a second life to armchairs, chairs and sofas. She also creates curtains, net curtains, chair cushions, headboards, benches...
My job is physical yes, but absolutely not monotonous.Lisa Desbois – Roannais Mag
The Red Donkey Metalwork
At l`Âne Rouge, we believe in the value of artisanal know-how and in the creation of quality products that will last. Each piece is carefully designed and handcrafted in our workshop. Alban decided to express his passion for design by fusing natural and raw elements with simple, clean shapes through styles such as wabi-sabi and brutalism. Its aim is to provide durable, timeless and unique furniture, lighting and decorative items that stand the test of time and convey true authenticity.
Trained at the Newark violin making school in England, Sandrine builds, restores and personalizes the quartet's instruments, from the violin to the double bass. As a double bassist in several groups, she pays particular attention to this instrument. After working for several years for Pascal Gillis (Atelier “Meteny Quartet Instruments”) in Brussels, she founded her own company in Roanne in 2015 as part of the collaborative workshop “La Fabrique à Sons”. After almost eight years, she decided to settle in the Village de Caractère of Saint-Jean-Saint-Maurice-sur-Loire in La Cure.
After a first experience in luxury ready-to-wear, a second in Internet development within a large Parisian press group, she opened a third chapter of her professional life in Saint-Jean-Saint-Maurice- sur-Loire as a ceramist, since September 2022.
She mainly works in sandstone and is looking for her "personal touch". She creates mainly for decoration.
The working conditions here are great.Celine Maringue – Roannais Mag
Atelier Deguer Leather Goods
Installed at the Pépinière since March 2023, Leslie Deguernel opened its doors on April 1st. She presents her leather goods work in her workshop.
Leslie revisits the basics of leather goods and small leather goods. Black, omnipresent, was chosen for its timeless character. It is punctuated with silver and subtly contrasted by the use of two distinct calfskin leathers: one with a glossy finish, the other with a satin finish.
A follower of "slow fashion", Leslie wishes to contribute to the development of a more ethical and ecological fashion, where quality takes precedence over quantity.
The key numbers
- 4 arts and crafts workshops,
- 1 arts and crafts shop,
- 2 exhibition halls.
La Cure, an arts and crafts center, is a cultural facility for Roannais Agglomeration. Each year, from March to November, three exhibitions are held. The principle: discover materials and know-how (pottery, textiles, basketwork, felt, metal, wood, etc.) with crafts guests from here and elsewhere.
- European days of crafts : in April, meet the craftsmen in their workshops!
- Biennial of Creative Jewelers : every 2 years, in November, exhibition-sale fair dedicated to jewelry and its creators. Find out more
What if you had to buy an item?
Follow the advice of Anaïs, communications officer at La Cure. She will be able to advise you in your purchases, you can trust her.
- lights at Maud Vernay creations,
- A wool stole or a silk scarf at Les fils d'Emilie,
- A chef's knife at Fil de Forge,
- A stool of incredible finesse at l'Orée du bois.
Roannais Agglomeration offers you an exceptional documentary that will take you to discover the arts and crafts center of La Cure. Through 4 episodes, you will discover these talented men and women.
- 2009 : Opening of the first arts and crafts workshop at La Cure. A couple of ceramists launched their activity then settled in 2011 in the village of Saint-Jean-Saint-Maurice-sur-Loire
- 2011 : Emmane (furniture and decorative objects in steel and porcelain) sets down her suitcases at La Cure. His workshop is now located in Roanne.
- 2013 : Les fils d'Emilie (textile ennobler), takes over.
- 2015 : A new building is built to offer 4 workshops. Emilie's sons and 2 companies settled there: Maïté Chantrel (costume designer) and the Studio du cavalier (saddlery and small leather goods).
- 2017 : L'Orée du bois, cabinetmaking, joins the scene.
- 2018 and 2019 : The Studio du cavalier and Maïté Chantrel are moving. The BisCotte intaglio engraving workshop is set up.
- 2020 : Metalwork Hell is setting up in turn.
- 2022 : L'enfer Métallerie and Biscotte are ending their test period and taking other paths.
- 2022 : Celine Maringue and La Thérapotière, both ceramists, set up shop and Lisa Desbois, a bit of a craftswoman, brings a new domain of Métiers d'art into the nursery with upholstery.
Extend the fun in Saint-Jean-Saint-Maurice-sur-Loire
And if you want to go further in your discovery, why not take a guided tour organized by the association Les Amis de Saint-Jean-Saint-Maurice-sur-Loire. Take the time to discover the charming village of Saint-Jean-Saint-Maurice-sur-Loire and admire the magnificent views it offers us over the Loire.
For families, a fun game is available at the reception of La Cure. Join the adventure with Leo the little sailor.
La Cure is also a tourist information point and a shop serving all the arts. Take the time to push the door to make some more great discoveries and perhaps get a map of the village to stroll through its alleys.