Each year, the Federal International Cycle Tourism Week is organized at the end of July – beginning of August in a French department. In 2024, Roanne will host this great event during which, for a week, thousands of professional or amateur cycle tourists come together to discover the region by bike. A great success for Roannais, a historic land of cycling.
July 20-28, 2024
Firste Federal Cycle Tourism Week, a major event
From July 20 to 28, for the 85e edition, Roanne welcomes the federal cycle tourism week and puts on the colors of the event.
Managed by the French Cycling Federation, this week is organized and supported by an organizing commission called COSFIC. It brings together volunteers from the region but also from all over France who are all committed to the success of this event. La Semaine Fédérale is the largest European grouping of cycle tourism (21 nations represented in 2021). For a week, registered cycle tourists participate every day in the various organized sporting, cultural and tourist activities.
Federal Week in figures
- 8000 cyclists expected during the week,
- 7 bike circuits comprising different loops to adapt the distance to each person's level,
- 8 days of fresh air and entertainment around a central theme: cycling,
- 16 visits and excursions offered to discover Roannais and neighboring territories,
- 800 volunteers present throughout the event.
The 7 cycling routes offered
- Sunday July 21: Le Beaujolais Vert
- Monday July 22: From the Loire to the canal
- Tuesday July 23: Loire Gorges and Forez Plain
- Wednesday July 24: The Monts de la Madeleine
- Thursday July 25: Festive Cyclo Day
- Friday July 26: Discovery of Brionnais
- Saturday July 27: Bourbonnais and Côte Roannaise
A week full of activitys
For this event to attract as many people as possible, we must also think about different activities for people who do not cycle.
Throughout the week, activities and in particular the discovery of the region in all its forms are offered.
- Un farmers market will take place every evening from 17 p.m. to 19 p.m. at the federal village,
- Personalized privileged visits in ½ day with transport included,
- Personalized day trips discovering Roannais,
- Personalized discovery bikes (short distance route accessible to all),
- Personalized hiking organized by the French Hiking Federation.
A comfortable federal village
The federal village will take up residence at “ Beetle“, performance hall of more than 3 m² where numerous exhibitors will be at your disposal. Local producers will also be on site to help you discover the local specialties of our land of gastronomy.
Le Scarabée is located in a rural area 10 minutes by bike from the city center of Roanne.
The federal campsite will be set up in the immediate vicinity of the Scarabée, which will greatly facilitate organization.
Book your accommodation
This event welcomes tourists from all over France and foreign countries. Remember to book your accommodation for the week now.
Do you prefer the comfort of a city center hotel or the cocooning atmosphere of a guest room? In Roannais, all types of accommodation are possible... From group lodging to unusual accommodation.
DID YOU KNOW ?
Federal Week 2024 will welcome young graduates of the Federation. Stays will be a minimum of 4 days up to 8 days. All week long, the youngest will be offered road education and handling circuits. For everyone, award-winning games will be organized.
The Roannais, a cycling destination
Roannais is a land of cycling. Indeed, cyclists and mountain bikers find what they are looking for in the Roanne landscapes and its numerous marked circuits. Quiet walks with the Veloire, to the mountain bike circuits of Open air destination, the largest mountain bike area in France with the FFC label, cycling is at the heart of Roannaise activities.