Want to treat yourself to a rejuvenating day? Find suggestions here to help you organize an unforgettable excursion. Just 1 hour from Lyon, discover Roannais for a day.
In the north of the Loire department, the Roannais wants to be rich in discoveries with an exceptional heritage and preserved villages. Its generous nature and its gastronomic reputation make it an essential tourist area near Lyon, Clermont-Ferrand and Saint-Étienne.
In the heart of the region Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, discover here suggestions for days to discover Roannais. Discover our good places to have lunch by the water, find activities to do with your children or even follow visits to picturesque villages.
Suggestion n ° 1
A city break in Roanne
Roanne, its banks of the Loire, its old center, its port, its praluline®… So many good reasons to come and breathe in this city where life is good.
The most of this day: the possibility of coming by train and arriving at Roanne station.
- Morning: Visit of old center or discovery of Joseph-Déchelette Museum
- Compulsory passage 🙂 in one of the Pralus boutiques to taste a portion of Pralulin®
- Lunch: in Roanne there is no shortage of restaurants for…
A quick lunch: The Bouchon des Halles
A beautiful terrace: In the gourmet garden
An unusual setting: Between two O
A gourmet lunch: Le Central ou Adventure
- Afternoon: Bike ride on the Veloire along the canal
And if you want to rent a bike, our rental companies are at your disposal
Suggestion n ° 2
Ambierle and the Côte Roannaise
Ambierle is one of the 5 villages of character in Roannais. Surrounded by vines, its priory will subjugate you from afar thanks to its colorful roof which lights up under the rays of the sun.
The most of this day: the meeting with a winegrower and the discovery of the AOC Côte Roannaise vineyard.
Suggestion n ° 3
The Gorges of the Loire
Unmissable site in Roannais, the Château de la Roche alone reflects the beauty and majesty of the Gorges de la Loire.
The most of this day: the dramatized visit of the Château de la Roche which takes you back to the 1900s.
- Morning: Guided tour at castle of la Roche, emblematic site of Roannais.
- Lunch of your choice, either with a view of the castle Relay of the Castle either with a view of Lake Villerest with theBerge du Barrage.
- Afternoon: Boat trip aboard the Villerest One to discover in particular the village of Saint-Jean-Saint-Maurice-sur-Loire. Followed by a ride aboard the Loire train for a fun discovery of the Gorges de la Loire.
Suggestion n ° 4
The Horns of Urfé and the Bois Noirs massif
Located in the heart of the Bois Noirs massif, the Château des Cornes d'Urfé will offer you an exceptional 360 ° panorama. Change of scenery guaranteed!
The best part of this day: possibility of renting your electric mountain bike at the Auberge de Chausseterre to take advantage of the largest FFC mountain bike area in France.